How To Use A Conventional Oven: Important Guidelines
Conventional ovens are must-haves at home. Aside from you can cook your food fast, it helps cook our food evenly. With its amazing fan, it blows the radiated heat all over to give us a crispy surface and juicy flesh! But how do we use conventional oven? Learn how in this article.
How Conventional Oven Works
Before we teach you how to use conventional oven, we will first discuss how it works. We know you’re curious how this simple-looking kitchen equipment can produce delicious food. So here’s how it works.
First, this oven may look like the regular ovens but it’s not. Second, this oven can be powered by gas or electricity. Third, it has a different element in heating.
Fourth, it doesn’t have a fan that circulates the radiated heat. Fifth, when you put the food inside, the heat will come out from the bottom and radiates it inside. Sixth, you need to make sure that you use that right timing and temperature because it can undercook or overcook the food that you placed on the racks.
Seventh, if you are in for baking or cooking, you should be using the bottom heating element. That’s because the top and bottom rack have different temperature unlike, convection oven. Eighth, if you are interested in broiling, you may use the top heating element.
Steps in Using the Conventional Oven
If it is your first time and still confused with conventional oven cooking, don’t worry because you can do this in no time. After mastering these steps, you can try different recipes and make your signature dish that your family will love! So, if you are excited, here’s how:
- Prepare the food or pastry to bake.
- Make sure your hands are free from moisture to prevent electrocution.
- Plug the oven.
- Preheat the oven based on the temperature needed for the food.
- Make sure you place the food in an oven-safe container to prevent damage to both equipment and food taste.
- Put in the food to be baked. But make sure to observe proper spacing so the heat can travel all over.
- Set the cooking time in the dial based on the prescribed cooking time of the food to be cooked.
- Remember that the top rack is for broiling and the bottom rack is for baking and cooking.
- Shut the door gently.
- Wait for the food to be cooked.
- Once you hear the sound, open the door, bring out the food, and let it cool.
When you think of a delicious meal or dessert, you can make it in an instant if you have the ingredients and a conventional oven. A conventional oven is dependable when we bake delicate goods like cake and pastries. That is why it is one of the best kitchen equipment. And now that you learned how to use conventional oven, you can try cooking delicious meals in an instant!