How To Use A Chef Style Roaster Oven
The roaster oven is just like a conventional oven. What's good about it is it's small and can just be stored in the cabinet when not in use. You will be surprised that roaster oven can do more than just roasting. It can do little baking too. Let's learn how to use a chef-style roaster oven.
Newly Unboxed Roaster Oven
If you just got your new roaster oven, do the following steps before using it for cooking your food.
Step 1. Get all the packaging materials and wash all the parts that can be safely exposed to water.
Step 2. Get a damp cloth and wipe the roaster heating area to remove any dust or particles. Let it dry.
Step 3. As soon as the roaster is dry, you may proceed in plugging it. Allow it to heat for about 20 minutes to burn any chemicals used by the manufacturer in creating the appliance.
Guide In Using Roaster Oven
Your roaster oven can be used in 3 three different cooking methods: roasting, baking, warming. Here's how to use a chef-style roaster oven on different cooking methods.
Roasting In A Roaster Oven
Here's how to use a chef-style roaster oven for roasting.
- Place the meat on the roasting rack to reduce the fat content of the meat. This will also prevent the meat from soaking from its fat. Set the roaster at the recommended temperature to start roasting.
- You may roast some potatoes and root vegetables too. Put some olive oil and place them on an aluminum foil. Set the roaster oven to 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. You may poke the potatoes with a fork to check if they are already tender. If not, roast for a few more minutes.
Baking In A Roaster Oven
Your roaster oven isn't just for roasting. You'll be amazed at what you can bake using it. Here's how to use a chef-style roaster oven for baking.
- You can bake cookies in your roaster oven. Put a parchment paper on your roaster rack. Once you are done preheating the oven, place the cookie dough in the parchment paper and bake.
- You can bake simple bread using your roaster oven too. Position your bread dough in a pan and put it on the roaster rack, and then bake.
- For baked casseroles, simply cover the casserole dish with foil. Preheat the oven and put the dish in the roaster rack.
- If you can roast potatoes and root vegetables, you can bake them in the roaster oven too. Poke a hole using a fork around the potatoes and arrange them in the rack and bake.
- You can slow cook soups and stews in roaster oven.
- You can also cook rice and oatmeal in the roaster oven.
Warming Food In A Roaster Oven
Using the lowest setting of the roaster oven, you can keep your appetizers warm for a longer period.
A roaster oven can be a good addition to your kitchen. Don't limit it to just roasting. Explore other things you can do with it to maximize its functionality.