How To Turn On A Gas Oven: A Step-By-Step Guide
Ever since the ovens were invented, we have learned to explore different home-cooked meals, pastries, and other baked goodies. Every time we go home, the aroma of a newly baked meal greets us from our doorstep. That is why without the oven, life could be very different. Some ovens are powered by electricity while others are operated by gas. In this article, we will teach you how to turn on a gas oven. So if you are interested to know how, be absorbed!
Easy Steps in Operating Gas Oven
Right now, you are about to learn how to turn on a gas oven. But before that, make sure that you will follow the process diligently because it would be dangerous if you skip any of the steps. But don’t be intimidated, because we made sure that the steps that we’ll be sharing with you are easy to follow. So let’s start.
What to do:
- Before you touch the oven, check all the stove burners. Make sure that the knobs are turned off to avoid leaks.
- Next, open all the doors and windows in your kitchen to ensure good ventilation.
- Open the door of your oven to let the air in.
- Look for the pilot light hole. It is usually placed at the bottom of your oven. It looks like a small hole and usually in the center. Some ovens have an indication or label.
- Clean the racks and pilot hole of your oven to make sure that there are no dirt sitting. You may use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe away all the dirt and debris.
- After a few minutes, turn on the gas.
- Check if there is a hissing sound.
- Turn the knob of the oven and see if the pilot light ignites. You may turn it on the first temperature.
- If it didn’t turn, you may use a lighter or a matchstick on the pilot hole but make sure that the gas is at the minimum level.
- Once the pilot light is ignited, you can change the temperature of the oven.
- If you accidentally turned off the light, you may do it again from the beginning.
- Put in the food you’ll be baking.
- Shut the door of your oven.
- You may now choose the temperature you need for the food that you’ll be cooking by turning the knob for the oven.
- When it is cooked, turn off the knob of the oven.
- Open the door of your oven and bring out the freshly baked meal.
- If you want to keep it warm let it stay inside. Just make sure to turn off the knob to prevent overcooking.
Ovens are a masterpiece that allow us to express our love for cooking and baking. They may come in different kinds and features, but they all deliver hot comfort food to us. And not that you learned how to turn on a gas oven, you too can start your small business or explore your talent in baking!