How To Toast English Muffins In The Oven
If you are looking for a tasty and healthy treat, English muffins are perfect for you. These muffins have a lower number of calories compared to your usual white bread choices. Calories from these muffins are from carbohydrates that are good for your brain and muscles.
Do you have leftover English muffins or have bought some in your local bakeshop? Here, we will give you a guide on how to toast English muffins in the oven so you can enjoy a tender-crisp snack.
What To Prepare
Can you toast English muffins in the oven? Definitely.
Prepare the following ingredients to make four to five dozens of small toasts:
- 6 unsplit English muffins
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- Butter cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Take note that this recipe works for unsplit muffins only, not for pre-cut ones. Now that you got everything you need, it’s time to begin.
English Muffin Toasts In The Oven
Some toasters can be used to process muffins. However, if you do not have one, you can easily use your oven.
How to toast English muffins in oven? Carefully follow the method discussed below.
- Pre-heat your oven at 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the muffins crosswise.
- Then, arrange the muffins in a thick sheet pan with cut-side down.
- Brush the muffins with butter.
- Set them at the center of the oven rack.
- Place them in the oven at the middle rack.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the muffins are pale golden. Always keep an eye on your muffins to make sure they do not burn.
- Flip each slice and bake for 10 minutes more. If you want a darker toast, you may leave your muffins longer in the oven. However, make sure that you do not let them burn.
- Take the muffins out of the oven.
- Sprinkle salt on the buttered sides.
- Serve them warm and enjoy!
Let the muffins cool completely, uncovered if you have to serve them the next day. Then, place the toasted English muffins in an airtight container.
Set The Oven To Broil
If you need a little less time to prepare your English muffin toasts, follow this method:
- Set your oven to Broil.
- Cut your muffins crosswise into half.
- Put the slices on a sheet pan, cut-side down.
- Place the pan on the oven’s top rack closest to the broiler.
- It would only take two minutes to toast each side, so watch your muffins closely. Do not let them burn.
- Drop a cube of butter on each slice a minute before you take them out of the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to toast English muffins in the oven is almost the same as toasting white bread slices. Are you surprised how easy it is? Go ahead, pop some in the oven for everyone to enjoy that healthy, tasty snack!