How To Slow Cook A Roast In The Oven: Easy Tips And Tricks
Are you wondering what to prepare for Sunday dinner? Eyes here! Because we have a delicious fix that requires minimal effort because we'll teach you how to slow cook a roast in the oven.
Tips And Tricks To Cooking A Roast In The Oven
The oven is an excellent way to slow cook a roast. So before we learn the steps on how to slow cook a roast in the oven, let's note some tried and tested tips that make the perfect roast.
- Choose the right cut.
There's more than one option when choosing a cut for your roast, and you can ask a butcher for some suggestions.
- eye of round roast
- bottom round roast
- top round roast
- top sirloin roast
- Make excellent seasoning for the roast.
You can experiment with the seasoning for your roast.
- swap your favorite herbs
- use dried herbs
- add some spices like cumin
- be generous with the flavorings especially since roast is a big chunk of meat
- as a tip, you can mix the flavorings with oil to make a paste
- Work with the right oven temperature.
- an expert tip to simulate a seared crust for your roast is to change its temperature 15 minutes into cooking
- start with a hot oven and then work your way to a lower temperature to cook from the inside out
- Always keep an oven-safe thermometer for your meat.
- For tender meat, keep the roast medium to medium-rare
- insert the thermometer the farthest you can in the center of the roast for accurate readings
- medium-rare is at 130 degrees Fahrenheit internally
- Preparing your cooked roast for serving.
- transfer your roast to a cutting board
- let the roast cool for 30 minutes, so the juices are distributed throughout the meat
- use a sharp carving knife to get thin slices
5 Easy Steps To Slow Cooking Roast In The Oven
Let's put these tips into action!
Step 1 - Prepare your oven by preheating it to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2 - While you're preheating your oven, prepare the mix for your roast.
- round roast - 4 pounds
- black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- minced garlic - 3 cloves
- EV olive oil - 1/4 cup
- salt - 2 teaspoons
- ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- chopped rosemary and thyme - 1 tablespoon each
Step 3 - Prepare your roasting pan and start roasting!
Step 4 - After roasting 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for a duration of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Note: Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes for medium and 2 hours for medium-well done.
Step 5 - When you get the desired roast, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving. Learning how to slow cook a roast in the oven, is not as difficult as it seems!
Be ready to impress now that you know how to slow cook a roast in the oven. Sunday dinner gatherings just got better and tastier.