How To Light A Gas Stove Oven: Safety First At Home
Seeing a new type of kitchen equipment brings out this kind of drive to do a lot of cooking and baking stuff. However, if it is your first time to own an unfamiliar gas stove oven, you need to have a helping hand. So, how do you light a gas oven? In this article, you will learn how to light a gas stove oven so read until the end for a fresh start.
Yes, of course, you are very much excited to use your brand-new gas stove oven. It would be a great addition to your set of kitchen equipment and cooking wouldn’t be that hard again. But as a beginner, you need to know how to light up a gas oven without having to cause harm to your lovely kitchen and your family.
Here’s what you need to digest:
- Observe first the condition of your kitchen. Make sure that your gas stove is located in a place that doesn’t easily catch fire.
- Do not turn on your gas oven if you notice a strange gas smell. There might be a leak in the gas tank. Lighting up the pilot of your gas stove while your kitchen is in this condition is dangerous and fatal.
- To make sure that no gas is stuck inside the kitchen, open any exit points.
It is a must that you take caution and learn the extra safety measures before you learn how to light a gas stove oven. Now, check out down below the steps on how you can make a great start with it.
How To Use A Gas Stove Oven
If you’re ready to use your new kitchen appliance, take some notes on how to light a gas stove oven and on how to use it well. Everything is written down below.
- Locate the knob in the stove that has a fire or ignite symbol. Push it in and rotate it to the direction where the flame symbol is and hold your hand in place.
- How to light a gas stove oven? Take a long lighter and place it directly on the pilot hole while your other hand is holding the knob. Wait for a few seconds until the pilot lights up.
- Remember to not alter the temperature of the oven just after you light the pilot up. Hold the knob until the pilot increases the heat before you can adjust the level of temperature from the stove knob.
- Once the light and the heat on the pilot is stable enough, you can now close the door of the gas stove oven and let go of the knob.
The ways on how to light a gas stove oven can be perfect with one try. You just need to take extra safety measures to avoid burning your entire kitchen and hurting yourself. Now that you know how to do it, you can now begin lighting up your cooking and baking game.