How To Install A Microwave Oven: A Quick Guide
More and more people embrace convenience in the kitchen in the form of multi-use devices, like a microwave oven. This useful kitchen tool makes life easier for users with a busy lifestyle, and if you just got one, we'll teach you how to install a microwave oven to get your journey started.
A Quick Guide To Installing A Microwave Oven
A microwave oven, although useful, can be a little bulky. For people living in tight spaces, this may seem overwhelming. As we learn how to install a microwave oven, we will find out some of the places where we can install it.
Places Where You Can Install A Microwave Oven
How to find the right place:
- Your microwave oven must be in an accessible area.
- Your microwave oven must be in an area where you can install proper ventilation.
- Your microwave oven must be in a space far from flammable materials like paper towels, plastic.
- Your microwave oven should not pose any hazard to people who try to use it.
Location ideas for your microwave oven:
- Hidden in a cabinet
- tucked inside the pantry or the cupboards
- needs pre-planning for installation of plugs
- Over the range
- offered as a complete package
- one of the most common locations
- may take up space
- may not vent as well as other models
- Hidden in a drawer
- comes as specific drawer-style microwaves
- more pricey than other microwave models but is an excellent space saver
- On a lower shelf
- similar concept with the OTR microwave ovens
- may require you to bend down to access it
How To Install Microwave Oven Under The Cabinet
We know your counter space is precious, so you can use these steps on how to install a microwave oven under your cabinet shelf:
Step 1 - Locate the mounting holes of your microwave.
Step 2 - Make the appropriate measurements for your cabinet and your microwave.
Step 3 - Have your installation kit, manual, and template ready.
Step 4 - Cut your templates so you can put it against the cabinet for an accurate fit.
Step 5 - Put the brackets behind your microwave.
Step 6 - Position your temples inside the cabinet and prepare it for drilling.
Step 7 - Drill small holes on the mark and position the mounting brackets inside the cabinet, which will be for the top of your microwave.
Step 8 - Lift the microwave and ask for assistance for the succeeding steps.
Step 9 - While someone is holding up the microwave, tighten the screws until the microwave touches the bottom of your cabinet and is flushed in position.
Step 10 - Plug it in the power source and test for functionality.
NOTE: Make sure you have a plug and outlet in place before you install it.
Learning how to install a microwave oven in your kitchen saves space and makes it look aesthetically pleasing. Now you can finally start cooking!