How To Cook Steak In The Oven Without Searing
If you want to skip the grill, the heat, and the smoke, then baking a steak in the oven is just the right thing to do.
You do not need advanced cooking skills to prepare this sumptuous meal. All you got to do is to follow the steps we listed here. You’ll learn how to cook steak in the oven without searing in no time.
We hope you’re ready.
Tasty Oven-Baked Steak
When you grill, you cook your steak from below. When you broil it in the oven, the steak is cooked from above.
Broiling your steak gives you the same result as to grilling—minus the smokey taste. Your steak would also have a lesser burnt surface.
If you’re up for it, let’s start.
Choosing The Meat
To have the best steak—juicy and flavorful—you should choose the right cut of meat.
When you buy meat, select the ribeye cut. Also, the cut should be at least an inch thick and must be well-marbled throughout.
To thaw your frozen meat, place it in a dish, and transfer it to the refrigerator 24 hours before you cook it. It should be safely thawed overnight.
If you have a shorter time, take it out from the freezer then put it in a resealable bag. Place it in a bowl filled with water. It should be thawed in an hour or two.
Broiling Your Steak
Broiling is the best way on how to cook a steak in the oven without searing. Follow these steps:
- Make sure that you preheat your oven at the broiler setting. Observe the right temperature for a juicy and tasty steak.
- Take your thawed meat and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper or with any seasoning of your choice.
- Place your steak in a broiling pan, uncovered.
- Then, put it inside the oven on the top rack. It should be an inch or closer to the heat source. Cooking time depends on the cut and thickness of your meat. However, it usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes to cook.
- Flip the steak halfway through the cooking time.
- To check, place the thermometer at the center of the steak. It should read 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium doneness.
- Once the steak reaches the desired temperature, carefully take it out of the oven.
- Loosely cover the steak with foil.
- Let it sit in the cutting board for at least 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your tender and juicy steak!
That’s how you create an oven steak without searing. Quick and easy, right?
How to cook steak in the oven without searing? Use your oven’s broil setting and follow the steps and tips we shared here. Broiling may take a little more time than grilling, but steaks are always worth the wait. Share this recipe or share the steak, it’s all up to you!