How To Clean A Toaster Oven Tray?
Cravings is what we cannot overlook. We are all guilty for craving for food everyday whether it is sweet, sour, savory or salty. Speaking of craving, there is this kitchen equipment that helps us keep our snack or meal hot in an instant. That is none other than our toaster oven! Since we use it often, it gets dirty day by day. So in this article, we will teach you how to clean a toaster oven tray!
Why Clean the Oven Toaster?
Toasters may be mostly small, but they never fail to deliver hot meals like tasty sandwiches, pizza, sausages, and more. This food leave residues and spills in our toaster oven that harden over time.
But little did you know, that from these spills and residues, your health is at risk. Using a dirty toaster oven can lead to food poisoning and other health issues. It can also be the cause of our house to burn down into ashes. That’s because as the residue heats up, they create a hot spot.
These hot spots can contribute to the overheating of your toaster. Not just that, the residues may also prevent the heat to come up. And as for the spills, the moisture will damage the electrical under your toasters which can lead to sparks and of course, fire. That is why it is essential for us to know how to clean toaster oven tray.
Easy Steps in Cleaning Toaster Oven Tray
You must be bothered with the consequences of a dirty toaster oven. That is why you are determined to learn how to clean toaster oven tray. Cheer up! This isn’t a hard task. You can actually enjoy while doing it. All you need to do is follow the steps below diligently.
What you need:
- Boiling water
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Steel wool
What to do:
- Boil a huge amount of water.
- Get your dirty oven tray and lay it flat on your sink.
- When the water boils, pour it over the dirty tray.
- Do not touch it, leave it that way for 2 minutes to soften the residues.
- Empty the water in the tray but leave it wet.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda especially to the areas with stubborn dirt.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt over the baking soda.
- Get a spray bottle and pour in the vinegar.
- Spray the vinegar to the tray with baking soda and salt.
- You will notice the chemical reaction but that’s normal.
- Get your steel wool and start scrubbing off the dirt.
- Scrub if thoroughly until no trace of dirt can be seen.
- Rinse the scrubbed tray with hot water.
Clean Toaster Trays for a Safe and Healthy Treats
When our food is cold, the first thing that comes in our mind is the toaster! In an instant, it can turn a boring and cold food into an aromatic and delicious meal. But it gets dirty every time we use it, that is why we need to learn how to clean toaster oven tray for our safety. And now that you learned how in this article, you can make your toaster trays looking brand new! You can also be sure that you’re eating safe and healthy treats!