How Long To Bake A Roast In The Oven
One cooking method that's easy and doesn't require that much attention during the cooking process is roasting. A roast can be done in an oven. How long to bake a roast in the oven would depend on some variables like the meat cut and how you would like your meat to be done. Learn about it in this article.
Guide For Oven Roasting
Here's a guide you can use for a perfect oven roast.
- Petite Tender Roast - Set your oven to 425°F. If you want your meat in medium rare, roast for about 20 to 25 minutes. If you want it medium done, roast it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Boneless Ribeye Roast (small end)- Set your oven to 350°F. For 3 to 4 pounds of meat, roast it for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours to achieve medium-rare. Roast for 2 hours for medium cook meat.
- Boneless Ribeye Roast (large end) - 3 to 4 pounds of ribeye large end meat will take 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium-rare at 350°F. For medium cook meat, it will take 2 to 2-1/4 hours.
- Bone-In Ribeye Roast - 2 ribs weighing 4 to 6 pounds and cooked at 350°F oven temperature will take 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours for medium-rare and 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours for medium cooked.
- Tenderloin Roast - 2 to 3 pounds of center-cut tenderloin meat will take 35 to 45 minutes for medium-rare under 425°F. Roast for about 45 to 50 minutes for medium cooked.
- Boneless Strip Roast - At 325°F cooking temperature, you will have to roast 3 to pounds of meat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium-rare and 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium cooked.
- Tri-Tip Roast - At 425°F cooking temperature and meat weighing 1-1/2 to 2 pounds, roast it for 30 to 40 minutes to achieve medium-rare and 40 to 50 minutes for medium cooked.
- Sirloin Tip Roast - Set oven to 325°F. Medium rare meat will take 1-3/4 to 2 hours, and medium cooked meat will take 2 to 2-1/4 hours, considering the meat is only 3 to 4 pounds.
- Sirloin Tip Center Roast - 2 to 2-1/2 pounds sirloin tip center cut meat will take 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours at 325°F oven temperature.
- Rump Roast, Bottom Round Roast - medium rare will cook for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours at 325°F oven temperature.
- Eye of Round Roast - At 325°F oven temperature, you will have to roast for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours to achieve medium-rare.
- Ground Beef, Meatloaf - Set oven at 350°F and roast for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for 2 pounds ground beef.
Use the guide above to know how long to bake a roast in the oven. If you want your meat to be well done, you will have to roast it longer but be careful not to burn the meat. Also, the bigger the meat cut, the longer it will take for you to roast it in the oven.