How Long Does A Toaster Oven Last?
Kitchen appliances are the unpredicted amenities in the house, just like the prominent toaster ovens. They make your life as easy as singing the alphabet. Toaster ovens provide the quickest and easiest way to prepare food on your table. It’s all fun and games until it reaches its last usage. How long does a toaster oven last? Stick around to find out.
When to Junk a Toaster Oven
A toaster oven is one of the great appliances to keep inside your home. It gives you a convenient process of preparing food. Its uses include reheating, roasting, baking, toasting, and the list goes on. It is easy to provide maintenance to a toaster oven, given that it’s a small appliance. But, there comes a day that you have to dispose it off.
When should a toaster be replaced? Take a hint.
- Rusty core – Check the insides of your toaster oven. Corrosion is a real bummer. Dirty bits of the metal may fall into the food you wish to prepare. You don’t want that to happen, do you?
- Cracked door – The glass that allows you to peek at your food is the one that holds the heat inside. A cracked glass may cause the heat to escape out of your toaster oven. Is your food not warm enough after taking it out of the oven? This is probably why.
- Leaks – Baking or roasting special food inside your toaster oven is easy. But, have you noticed the small fragments or oil scattered under the device? It is time to check for leaks.
- Frayed cord – If the cord of the toaster oven is damaged, take a hint. Fix the cord or replace your appliance. Faulty cords can lead to kitchen fire and electric shock.
Now that you’re aware of the signs when to junk your toaster oven, then you should know by now how long a toaster oven last.
Life Expectancy of a Toaster Oven
Purchasing a new toaster oven feels great. You can do anything with it, as long as it works. But, how long should a toaster last?
From buying your new toaster oven to the day you witness its failure to function, you should know how long a toaster oven lasts.
- Toaster ovens differ in the range of sizes and their options. The average life expectancy of a toaster oven reaches up to 5 years. That’s long enough for such a small appliance!
- You may hear from other people that they purchased an affordable toaster oven that lasted more than 5 years. However, maintaining the cleanliness of your toaster oven may reduce the damage build-up and increase its life expectancy.
That’s all you need to know on how long a toaster oven lasts.
You have reached the end of the article! Now that you know how long a toaster oven lasts, make sure to double-check the quality of your appliance.