How To Mount An Over The Range Microwave?
Mounting the microwave over the range will allow you not only to save some space but also to carry away the fumes coming from your oven. Sometimes you might be wondering why you smell like the food you’re cooking, that’s because the airflow of your oven mixes with the air that circulates in your kitchen. This article will teach you to mount an over-the-range microwave to help you solve your problem.
Steps in Mounting an Over-the-Range Microwave
You may be new to this but don’t worry. The procedure on how to mount an over-the-range microwave isn’t that hard. Doing this task will require you to get an assistance because the microwave is heavy.
What you need:
- Tape measure
- Stud finder
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- Drywall saw
- Drywall saw
- Mounting plates
What to do:
- Mounting an over-the-range microwave will require you to turn off the circuit breaker to prevent electrocution.
- Next, install the vent on your wall and then cover it with a drywall.
- Using your drywall saw, make an access to the vent by cutting through the drywall.
- Install the outlet inside the cabinet.
- Make a hole under your cabinet for the microwave plug.
- Position the fan of your microwave to channel the air.
- Ready the mounting plates.
- Get the template and tape it to the wall.
- Attach the mounting plates to the wall and bottom of your cabinet.
- It’s time for assistance. Because you’ll be needing help to lift the microwave.
- Lift the microwave and hang it on the mounting plate.
- Secure all the side by fastening the bolts that hold your microwave to the wall.
- Connect the vent to your microwave.
- Turn on the circuit breaker.
- Plug the microwave.
- See how it works.
- Clean the mess.
Proper Care for an Over-the-Range Microwave
We are done with the instructions in mounting an over-the-range microwave. Now, let’s talk about the proper care to help you preserve its life.
- Immediately wipe the spills inside your microwave. Doing this will prevent your microwave in creating a hot spot that will damage its interior part.
- Do not take off the protective mesh inside the door of your microwave.
- When you use your microwave, always turn on the exhaust fan. This will prevent the moisture from rising from your pots and pans. You may wipe it with a clean soft cloth or paper towel.
- Schedule a regular cleaning for the grease filter of your microwave. The grease in the filter will trap the steam and may cause fire.
- Be gentle in closing and opening the door of your microwave.
- Do not use non-microwavable materials like paper, plastic, and glass.
- Use the programmed time for cooking to prevent overcooking.
Fixed and Secured Position for your Over-the-Range Microwave
Microwaves are useful kitchen equipment. We use them in different ways, and they help us keep our food hot. But of course, we need to position them in a better place to help us save space and prevent the smell from lingering in your kitchen. And now that you learned how to mount an over-the-range microwave, you can apply it to your own microwave too!