How To Mount Over The Range Microwave: Best Kitchen Tips
Many households prefer to add an over-the-range microwave mount on top of their counter. This allows you not only to make use of your kitchen space, but it also adds more beautiful details in your kitchen. Do you wonder how over-the-range microwaves are mounted? This article covers ideas on how to mount over-the-range microwaves.
How Does this Work?
When you look at an over-the-range microwave, it seems easy to install. It’s like seeing an entire microwave just pasted or glued on top of your counter. But honestly, it’s more than that. So how do you mount over-the-range microwaves?
Remember that every manufacturer has a different set of manuals that users need to follow for the installation part. The things written below are just the general process on how to mount over-the-range microwaves.
The installation process:
- Look for the studs on the wall. This is where you are going to attach the back of the microwave for a more secure position. Make sure to mark them with any type of marker.
- The good thing about most of the manufacturers is they provide a template for the size of the placement of the microwave parts. Simply attach it to the wall and the other should be on where the top part of the microwave is facing.
- Refer to the template on where to drill the holes for the installation of the bracket for the next step.
- Now, you can begin with installing the brackets needed for the mounting of your oven.
- After installing the bracket, carry the microwave oven carefully, and position it to the space where the mounting should be.
- To ensure that your microwave oven won’t fall off and won’t get damaged, attach the mounting bolts to hold it in place.
- Once you’re done mounting it, you can now check the user guide and start testing if it will function.
Benefits of Having an Over the Range Microwave
Now that you know how to mount an over-the-range microwave, it’s time to learn some things about why it’s a great addition to your kitchen. These are the three things you need to learn:
- It is convenient to use.
- It can help save up space, especially for those who live in a tiny house.
- One of the best features it offers is its ability to push food odor, steam, and heat away from your kitchen.
Learning the process of mounting an over-the-range microwave isn’t really that hard. But for a beginner, this can be a tricky one to install because you are holding one fragile thing in your hands that’s expensive to replace once it gets damaged from a hard fall.